BRASCUBA Cigarrillos S.A. meets the sanitary registration of its products in Cuba, as established by the Regulations that approve a new product fit for human consumption; it does the same with the sanitary regulations and objectives set by the health organizations of the country it exports its cigarettes to.
In Cuba, the World Health Organization (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control is applied, according to the Regulations for the sanitary registration of tobacco manufactured products by Ministerial Resolution 275/2003, put into effect in March, 2004 that states: «[…] the procedure for the sanitary registration of tobacco manufactured products, which, notwithstanding the right of every person to freely choose or not the option to be a consumer of these products, should guarantee that the same reach them with the required safety and free from cunning advertising arguments that encourage its addiction».
The external packages of the cigarettes should bear the following requirements:
- To state the origin of the product, the manufacture´s name, manufacturing date, batch number, and other control data.
- To specify the contents of tar, nicotine, and carbon monoxide.
- To make use of the sanitary warnings established in the country where it is being commercialized and in its own language.
- THE CIGARETTE BURNES YOU INSIDE. TURN IT OFF! MINSAP
- DO NOT SMOKE YOUR YEARS. WATCH YOUR HEALTH. MINSAP
- EVERY CIGARETTE IS A LOST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. MINSAP
- START TODAY. DO NOT LIGHT IT. TURN OFF THE ADDICTION. MINSAP